Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 5 - Reaction

As a whole, this book was enjoyable.

The writing style was my favorite part. It was unique and at many times funny enough for me to smile to myself while reading. The similes were especially interesting, and the observations and theories of the main character were amusing.

The main trouble I had with this book was that I didn't feel like I totally understood it in the end. Even though the plot was adequately explained and the events leading to the climax were very straight-forward, the actually ending left me pretty much speechless. As in, I have no reaction to it nor an explanation for it.

This is the type of book where you have to be willing to accept whatever the author says, no matter how supernatural or down-right odd it is. This can be enjoyable at times and irritating at others.

I'd recommend people to read it mostly so that I could ask them what they thought it all meant.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I am just similar like you that I also that book's writing style.Thank you very much for sharing your views with us.

    vitamine h

    ReplyDelete