Friday, March 27, 2009

Post #5: Reaction

I don't quite know what to say about this book. At first, I was intrigued by it's uniqueness. The style is so different from anything I've ever read. But that got old quickly. I was soon bored by the slow pace the book seemed to be taking, and I had to force myself to keep reading. Had it not been a book I needed to finish for school, I probably would have stopped reading. That isn't to say that this book is without merit. I really like how the main character is nameless, I feel like that says so much more than any description of the character could have. I like the fact that this book was a mystery, but the path to find the answers was different from your classic mysteries.

I don't know if I would recommend this book to someone else. It wasn't a bad book, but it was nowhere near the top of my favorites list, either. It was kind of cool to read a book that is so different for what I've read before, but I didn't really enjoy it. I guess I wouldn't try to persuade someone out of reading this book, but I'm not running out to the book store to buy another book by the author, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment